If you want to give your bathroom a new look, there are cost considerations to keep in mind. You can choose to do-it-yourself or seek professional bathroom remodeling contractors, which is highly advisable if you’re doing major renovations that affects plumbing and electrical lines.
List of Items to be Used in a Standard Bathroom Remodeling Project
- Fixtures including sinks, toilets, showerheads, and bathtubs
- Bathroom vanity including cabinets and countertops
- Flooring – tiles
- Baseboards and door trims
These are some of the items you’ll need to complete your bathroom renovation. Other costs involved include:
- Wall demolition costs if you’re expanding the size of your bathroom
- Electrical work
- Upgrading plumbing system
- Drywall installation
- Contractor fees
When dealing with bathroom remodeling contractors, you want to ensure you get value for your money. This means engaging them at the start of your project by getting to know their mode of operation, insurance plan, do they offer guarantee, and what are their cost estimates.
Remember an updated bathroom will add value to your home when it comes to resale. It can be a selling point for your house.
Tips on Saving Costs on Your Bathroom Remodeling
- Keep fixtures where they are to avoid the cost of having to reroute plumbing.
- Install a tub instead of a shower. It’s cheaper as it cut cost on floor and wall tiles installation.
- Consider remodeling all your bathroom at once to enjoy the economy of scale