You have always prided yourself on your love of learning and your desire to be a live long learner. This new rental property that you have purchased, however, has taught you more than enough lessons. From this one house, for instance, you have learned about underslab repair, water heater replacement, and sewer repair. And while you are certainly taking away valuable skills for all of these tasks, the reality is that the remodeling and repair projects that this particular home has taught you are far more than you ever wanted to know.
Not everything about being a property owner is easy, and not everything about fixing a plumbing or water issue can be tackled without the help of a professional. In fact, there are many times when finding the right plumber is the only real logical solution. You may, for instance, be able to answer the question of when do I need to replace my water heater, but the actual installation of a new unit is often more reliable if you are working with professional plumbing services. In addition, if you are dealing with a major structural issue like a needed underslab repair, it is often in your best interest to make sure that you are contracting with a licensed professional.
Consider some of these common household plumbing problems that property owners face, many of which may more skillfully be handled by a professional plumber:
- 1 trillion gallons of water is wasted each year, according to the latest estimates.
- On the flip side, however, 3 trillion gallons of water would be saved each year if home owners installed the latest water efficient products.
- Unfortunately, 443 million school days are lost because of water-related illnesses every year.
- Even more unfortunate, one in every eight people in the world do not have access to clean water.
- 10% of U.S. households have leaks in their plumbing that can waste as much as 90 gallons of water a day.
- The average household in America spends $500 on water and sewer bills a year.
Even if you are someone who loves to learn new things, you may find that it is in your best interest to contract with a plumbing professional or other experts when it comes to structural or foundation issues like the need for underslab repair.