Interiors designers, along with home owners, architects, contractors, and other suppliers have many decision to make when it comes to making the choices about lighting in a home or business. From motion lights that shut off to save energy in large office spaces to the small task light under a cupboard that illuminates a desk, it is worth the time to research the lighting decisions that you make.
Decorators can recommend the top lighting brands, but the placement and positioning of those high end lighting brands determine how well those lights will function. The finest contemporary lighting choices serve the function of both function and fashion. Finding those pieces, however, requires close attention to detail and taking the time to consult with lighting experts and other resources. The top lighting brands combine with form with function and allow both home and business owners add to the value of their property.
Modern Recessed Lighting Choices Affordably Add Ambient Lighting to Any Room
With the help of interior decorators and electricians, it is easier to make sure that you know what kind of top lighting brands will work the best in your space. Consider these facts and figures about the the products that lighting stores offer:
- Task lighting, accent lighting, and ambient lighting are the three basic kinds of interior lighting.
- Household lighting budgets are important investments.
- Energy efficient light choices are the most popular choices right now. The decision to make green energy choices can help you save money and think of the environment at the same time.
- Realizing that fluorescent bulbs are five times more energy effecient than halogen or incandescent bulbs.
- Interior designers, contractors, and architects can all help home owners make the best lighting choices.
- Getting lights placed in the correct spot is nearly as important as the selection itself. For instance, semi flush lights should hang down about one foot from the ceiling. On the other hand, kitchen pendant lights should hang 36 to 48 inches from the top of the counter.
- Home lighting accounts for 7% to 10% of the total energy consumed in a house.
- The most important feature in a master bathroom to 46% of renovating homeowners is good lighting, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study.
- Lighting fixtures are the most important part of renovating a kitchen to 84% of homeowners, according to the 2017 U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study.
- In the dining room the brightest part of the space should be the table in order to draw people in. Installing a chandelier or pendant with a wattage no higher than 100 should be the goal.
- George Kovac lighting, Matthews fans, and other high end features can add to the look and the value of a property.
- House lighting has to vary by room so that the function of each room can be achieved.
- Top lighting brands are investment that can help you enjoy the space as well as add to the real sale values of an office or a home.